question

Louw Jansen van Rensburg avatar image
Louw Jansen van Rensburg asked

Connect a 2nd MPPT to Easy Solar 3000?

Hi Guys.

I am new to the solar world. I will be receiving my easy solar and 9 Canadian 330 W panels. in the next 2 weeks. 9 is the maximum north facing panels I have roof space for. (South Africa Pretoria.) I see that many SA deployments have east and west facing arrays. I believe the only option to add a west and or east facing array is with additional MPPTs. How will I connect additional MPPTs to a Easy Solar 3000/48? If it is possible at all? Thank you in advance. Louw.

MPPT ControllersEasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Louw. Yes it's possible, indeed quite simple. Just a matter of paralleling in the output wires from the mppt to the main battery wires going to the Easy. Nice to do that with suitable isolator/breaker/fuse as determined by good practice.

Standard Victron mppts use a VE.Direct port for comms, and you should have a spare port in the rear of the CCGX to accept a suitable Victron cable. So that one thin cable will have be run inside the Easy box, because there's no external port. As you would do an ethernet cable or wifi dongle.

Good luck.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Louw Jansen van Rensburg avatar image Louw Jansen van Rensburg commented ·

Thank you John! Really appreciate the feedback and guidance. Definitely going to implement it.

1 Like 1 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ Louw Jansen van Rensburg commented ·

Oh, i missed you may have 2x mppts added. If you run out of VE.Direct ports you can use a usb port with a Victron adapter cable.

1 Like 1 ·
smap1989 avatar image
smap1989 answered ·

Hola, al hilo de la respuesta que dais, yo quiero hacer lo mismo. Pero los mppt como hay que configurarlos en el ccgx? Con los mismos parámetros que tiene el mppt que ha existe?

Saludos

2 |3000

Marc Heymans avatar image
Marc Heymans answered ·

Is this an Easy Solar GX?

2 |3000