question

fallguy1000 avatar image
fallguy1000 asked

No multiplus data on Victron Connect

I hooked up a Victron Multiplus Compact 2000 to the Cerbo today using an RJ45 Cable from Multiplus to VE Bus on Cerbo and there is no data on Victron connect (via remote console) about AC loads despite all AC loads running through the Multiplus and a small heater running inside the cabin. Any ideas? Where and what do I need to do different in the setup?

cerbo gx
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jacobjned avatar image jacobjned commented ·
A few quick questions. On the Device list page of the Remote Console, does the MultiPlus appear as a Device?Have you confirmed the firmware number of your MC Inverter 2000VA is compatible with Cerbo GX?
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@fallguy1000

A few suspects here. Although it is possible you have checked them, but this is where I would start.

Are the correct lights flashing on the unit or are all the lights flashing at the same time? If they are flashing in sync then go to step 2.

1. Is the cable fully home on the inverter ve bus port
  2. Check the cable is plugged into the correct port on the cerbo. (I was called to a site the top is ethernet and that is where is was plugged into :) make sure it is in the lower ve bus port.)
  3. If that is not the issue then maybe the cable is damaged somehow needs to be replaced. This is the first place I start with a second hand or home made cable.

As @JACOBJNED mentioned if it is not in the devices list then they are not talking at all.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

fallguy1000 avatar image fallguy1000 commented ·
Alexandra, thank you. It was 2.
-1 Like -1 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

More details about your system please, maybe with pictures or screenshots.

The MultiPlus can only measure the current that is going through him.

To see load on the input side of the MultiPlus you need an external current sensor like a ET112, ET340 or EM24.

2 |3000