question

paul-3 avatar image
paul-3 asked

One shunt, one 2000aH battery bank and 2 Quattros’ and a cerbo and a color gx

Hi all, I have a question I have 2 Quatro each running a separate 230 VAC distribution. So they are not parallel in a master/slave setup.

There is one smart shunt connected to the color GX Which is connected to the first Quattro, The second Quatro is connect to the Cerbo. Both the Cerbo and the Color are connected to the N2K network.

The first Quatro / Color GX set up works fine as the smar shunt is connected there But how do i get the Cerbo to use the same smart shunt ?

I included ome screen shots

Thanks Paul

4aa6fad6-f1f8-4a35-938b-4ad81ffd0846.png83507cde-76b1-4c1f-97fa-d650fecc901c.png

SmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

You can't have two independent inverters, each with their own GX control connected to a single battery source.

They need a common GX control device to coordinate between the inverter/chargers.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

paul-3 avatar image
paul-3 answered ·

Hi Nick, that’s what I thought but you can’t connect two Quatro’s to one GX device either if they are not in master slave configuration according to my electrician. so what is the recommended way to set this up ?

2 comments
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
You can if they are different phases, boats aren't my wheelhouse, so can't comment if running them as two independent phases (sans the third) would be a problem or not.

Your best bet would be to then separate the battery into 2 packs and run each quatro independently of the other.

Hopefully someone here who is more of a marine aficionado can give some pointers.

If the chargers can't sync between them (shared sensors, DVCC etc), then sharing a single battery is a bad idea.

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·
Hi @Paul
I think (can someone confirm?) you can connect two independent Quattros to the same GX using one connected with a MK3 adaptor, not with the VE.Bus port directly.

I very much doubt you can share the Smartshunt with 2 GX's. That's VE.Direct protocol, one-at-a-time stuff. Bt unknown, but likely similar.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic