question

sv-astraya avatar image
sv-astraya asked

Boat system monitoring through CCGX

Hi all -

I have a boat with a Color Control GX, 2x MPPT 100/30 Smartsolar controllers, a Multiplus Compact and Smartshunt. While on the boat, I can use Victron Connect (iOS version) to monitor the system. I have no solid wifi connectivity from the boat's location. What I'd like to do is to be able to remotely monitor the current system, as well as add a bilge counter, bilge alarm, and indoor temperature sensor.

I understand I need to get a USB modem or cellular router to provide a solid internet connection. Are there additional sensors to do the above that can be connected to the CCGX and configured through it, and if so where do I get them?

The alternative would be to get something like a Siren 3 that provides the functionality, but that comes with a subscription and additional hardware cost. I'd like to use VRM to provide something close to the same functionality.

Thanks for any advice,

- Clay

CCGX Color Controlremote console
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
harold avatar image
harold answered ·

I will experiment with BLE / bluetooth usb and sensors, when the new firmware version comes out.

The Cerbo has and will have more sensor possibilities, compared to the CCGX.

For now I use eWeLink and Zigee for temperature etc.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rob Fijn avatar image
Rob Fijn answered ·

HI,
Victron has a GSM modem, this works perfectly. Just need a data-only sim card. A 500MB / mnd is good enough.

Check Ruuvi for the sensors, works with Bluetooth.

Rob

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
I think a 5 year worldwide data SIM is also available with it, not sure if it's included or extra.
0 Likes 0 ·
sv-astraya avatar image
sv-astraya answered ·

Thanks folks - sorry, I'm not as technically literate as I'd like. Am I able to connect Bluetooth sensors to the CCGX? Or do I need to add a Cerbo in order to do that? Or are there wired sensors that would work with the CCGX? The manual mentions both analog and digital inputs, but I can't find information on which sensors would work.

2 |3000

harold avatar image
harold answered ·

The CCGX does not have direct wired sensors.
BLE / Bluetooth might work with a dongle, from the new version, but which dongles etc needs to be tested.
A Cerbo will do this from the box (with installation and updates)

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page