question

wanderbird avatar image
wanderbird asked

Two separate systems, with same N2k network with two Cerbo GX.

I have been having some issue since the last software update on the Cerbo GX. We are currently running the last firmware. What I am seeing is we have two Cerbo GX on their own systems they share a N2K network that the recieve data from both the BMS's. Both Cerbos are connected to there own Quattro's by their VE.Bus connection. On my lower batter bank Cerbo it will run normally for about 24hr and then it seems to dump its Quattro feed and picks up the Upper battery bank Quattro data (I am assuming off the N2K network) and shows its data on its screen and the system shuts down the charge function on the Quattro its plugged into so then the lower battery bank starts to drain. The only way to sync them again is to reset the quattro(that was disconnected) and reboot the lower Cerbo GX. I can also force the lower Quattro to re-sync by turning off N2K out on the upper Cerbo the unit will sync back up to the VE.Bus Quattro. Any help with a fix would be great. Thanks in advance for any answers or help.

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
hjohnson avatar image
hjohnson answered ·

What you’re likely to need is a Yacht Devices YDNB NMEA2K Bridge and configure it to act as a firewall. It’s going to take some coding to make happen, but you’ll need to set it up so that it blocks the PGNs between the two victron setups.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wanderbird avatar image
wanderbird answered ·

I find this interesting that the Cerbo GX does not default back to the Quattro that is plugged into it on the VE.Bus. This should be a default setting in the system. I had the same issue again last night and corrected imediately after turning off N2K out on the upper bank. Will the Maretron NBE100 bridge work as well? We have a mainly Maretron system and it would be better for using a single program to run the whole network. I believe what you are saying is on the Lower battery bank we need to block the a series of PGN's that the Upper Cerbo is tx. I still do not understand why the plugged in VE.Bus doesn't have priority over VE.Can PGN's. Do you have and idea what PGN's should be blocked in the Network Bridge? I was originally thinking of putting both units on there own networks to isolate them from the each other and flooding the N2K main with proprietary PGN's. I may still do this I have not decided yet.

2 |3000

wanderbird avatar image
wanderbird answered ·

Yesterday, I discovered that one of my Cerbo Relay's was set to Generator Start. I corrected this setting and it seems as of last night the issue of the lower Quattro cutting out has stopped. It is still early but I will update this post in a couple of days to see if this resolved the issue. The dual systems ran normally most of the day yesterday and all night last night.

2 |3000