question

tholi avatar image
tholi asked

CerboGX went down (no operation anymore)

Hi, I‘ve a problem with my CerboGX connected directly to the leasure AGM battery in my van.

Randomly the unit went‘s off, the LEDs don‘t blink anymore, vrm connection is lost and gx lte 4g doesn‘t get power over usb anymore.

Power is still present at the unit and i have to diconnect the power to make the unit boot again.

Has anybody an idea, what causes this kind of behaviour, perhaps some kind of savety routine or is it just a broken unit? The issue happens more often now. It‘s colder outside, but the temperature isn‘t below 10Degrees at the unit.

Thanks

Regards, Thilo

cerbo gx
7 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tholi avatar image tholi commented ·
Cerbo Firmware is: 2.73
0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw tholi commented ·
Can only suggest to check the basics like are all the connection tight and proper as well as maybe replace the fuse. Which version?
0 Likes 0 ·
tholi avatar image tholi ejrossouw commented ·
Hi, yes that was my first thougt too. Replaced the fuse, fuse-holder and every power-connection with no success.

firmware 2.72 and 2.73 have the same problem.

Are you speaking of another kind of version?

0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw tholi commented ·
It was determined the usb port next to the hdmi port for the touch gx should be used to power the screen. Version 2 had ports clealy labelled as such so no actual hardware change. Try the gsm dongle in that port as a wild stab at something here and not much to lose other than return it under warranty to be assessed and replaced if indeed found to be faulty.
1 Like 1 ·
tholi avatar image tholi ejrossouw commented ·

Thanks for the hint! Knowing about the „power only“ function of the usb port next to the hdmi port, i thought it was a good idea to power a little huawei lte router with this port with no data connection… obviously it was not. I guess the powerconsumption was too high sometimes (in colder conditions) so the cebro went in a kind of savemode.

Luckily i‘ve searched for the reason and not simply replaced the unit…

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Tholi

In all honesty take it in or speak to the supplier if you are unhappy with its function.

It is a bit of a weird one.

0 Likes 0 ·
tholi avatar image tholi Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Yes it is… hoped that someone had this issue before and has a solution for it.

Taking it in will unfortunaly be the last and longest way.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

answered above

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.