question

tom4x avatar image
tom4x asked

Components for extendible off-grid system

Dear community,

I'm new to this place and would like your feedback if I understood the Victron components' abilities and purpose correctly as there is such a large amount of different products.

The aim is a system for one household which can work off-grid and if grid is available, as UPS or supporting the gird. Feed-in is neither possible nor desired. Also, it should be extendible for both more panels and more batteries.

Obviously I aiming for the Muiltiplus, whereas I'm not sure of I need the Multiplus II or if an older Multiplus is also sufficient. On the battery-side, I plan for 24V (battery type yet to be defined).

As the Multiplus' advantage is that the current from the panels could come in on the DC side as well as on the AC side, I could then connect panels with (one or multiple) BlueSolar/SmartSolar charger to the batteries plus to Multiplus on DC-side, right? And additionally I could connect panels (could be ones which are farther away) with a line-communted inverter, is that correct? May I also use (multiple) micro-inverters on the AC-side safely?

Thanks for your answers in advance

Tom

MPPT ControllersMultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargeroffgrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

On the battery-side, I plan for 24V (battery type yet to be defined).

Change this part of the plan: go for a 48V battery.

Battery type: choose LiFePO4.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.