question

wrietveld avatar image
wrietveld asked

How to get a fresh remote configuration file

When I download a remote config file (RVSC) through VRM and open it in VEConfigure, I get the following message:

Passwords might be required. If you plan to make some modifications and send this configuration back to the remote device, we strongly advise you to get a fresh remote configuration file and start from there!

How do I get a fresh remote configuration file?

I tried opening the file, and select Defaults -> Set all settings to default. This prompts me to enter the grid mode password, which I did. Then I manually configured all the settings and tried to upload the file again via VRM. However, when I try to upload the file, I receive an error message saying: File Expired - mk2vsc-58

I tried the whole sequence one more time and got the same error. Is there a different way to get a fresh remote configuration file? If note, what is the risk if I make changes to the original file and upload it anyway?

I am currently at the remote site but don't have an MK3-USB device with me. This is the first time I receive this error message and the only difference with previous times, I have just today updated the firmware of the inverter to version 490 through VRM.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

VEConfigure 3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wrietveld avatar image
wrietveld answered ·

Well, there may be a bug here.

It seems like when I open one RVSC file, the message doesn't appear, but when I opened a second file (simultaneously) it shows the pop-up message that strongly recommends to download a fresh file.

However, when I close both VEConfig sessions and open one file at a time, the pop-up message never appears...

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

I get this message every time I open a file w/VEConfig, and I ignore it.

I believe the "fresh file" is the one you downloaded via VRM PRIOR to the firmware update.

The order of operations is:

Save config file.

Upgrade firmware.

Upload config file.

https://docs.victronenergy.com/veconfigure.html#send-settings

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic