question

mr2cme avatar image
mr2cme asked

Single phase installation picking up AC coupled inverter as a multiphase inverter.

Why does my ABB UNO DM 5.0 show as a multiphase inverter? Spoken to other installers and users. They experience the same problems. When will Victron be addressing this issue? I lose 3.1kWp of PV when this nonsense happens. And you need to be at home to reset the system before it will work correctly again. Problem is I am 1200km from home. 5kVA Multiplus 2, Venus GX, BlueSolar 150 35, 3 x Pylontech US 3000C and the UNO dm. Any solutions to prevent this or remotely fix? Will a new FW fix this? Thanks. Using candidate FW and always up to date.
screenshot-20211222-103346.png

AC PV Coupling
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Mr2cmE

Do you have multiphase regulation on? You can disable that in ess menu. It may not be realted to your issue. I have not installed an ABB yet. How is it setup in the pv inverters menu? I see when it is configured you can tell it its position inlcuding phase maybe something is off there?

A side not on updates. They are not really any good if only some of the components are updated and others are not have you been updated the uno and multi as well?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mr2cme avatar image
mr2cme answered ·

@Alexandra Thanks for taking the time with your response. I have had the issue with multiphase regulation on and off. I last updated the multi and uno FWs in October this year. And now that you have mentioned this I see that there is an update available for the multi. Will check the UNO when back from vacation and update both.

The person house sitting for me restarted the UNO and when the GX device finished scanning for the AC coupled inverter the UNO was displayed as a split phase. From there I could select the drop down and select L1. Then it works fine again. This drop down to choose installation postion is not available until the UNO is restarted. I find all of this strange as the system was operating 100% fine up until last week when it first happened. Installation has been up for just over 2 years.

Anyway, if the FW does not help I will then program the UNO to stay powered on 24-7. This should work as the problem occurs from first light and never during daily operation.

Thanks again for your response. Happy holidays.

2 |3000