question

Harry Petrakis avatar image
Harry Petrakis asked

Fronius Primo with Multiplus II 48v 5000

Please need some guidance and assistance please.

Have installed the following at my residence (home):

14x 595W Canadian Solar panels

Am wanting to connect to the following items as listed below into a Grid Tie system to cater for Solar power to power the Home during the day as well as charge the 2 x Pylontech 4.8Kw/h batteries.

The ideal is that in the evenings we will use battery power and then the following day the batteries will charge again. Am also in addition wanting to ensure that when we have a grid power failure, I still have electricity to power my home.

1x Fronius Primo 8.2kw Single Phase Inverter

1x Victron Multiplus II 48v 5000/70/50

1x Victron Cerbo GX

1x Victron GC Touch 50

Please can you guide me as to the best possible means to connect the device to cater for my needs.

Thanks

Fronius
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
baxter avatar image
baxter answered ·

The Multiplus and Primo are not fulfilling the factor 1.0 rule

More Info: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ac_coupling:start

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Harry Petrakis avatar image
Harry Petrakis answered ·

Thanks did add an additional 1x Victron Multiplus II 48v 5000/70/50, this aligned, Thanks

2 |3000

scraggs avatar image
scraggs answered ·

The factor 1.0 rule aside If it was my setup I would consider dropping the Fronius and using MPPT chargers, I have similar to what you are looking at doing and although the Fronius is a nice bit of kit, the issue with the flickering is still a problem, also the delay in frequency shifting can still cause a voltage spike if you get very sudden cloud clearance even with the Factor 1.0 rule being adhered to.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic