question

kent-pauley avatar image
kent-pauley asked

No Devices Found for Android Phone App - MPPT 150/35

My phone used to monitor the MPPT 150/35 controller for our RV. After several months in storage, the Android ver. 10 phone running the VictronConnect ver.5.51 app no longer finds the device. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app. My permissions allow the app to find my location. My Bluetooth paired devices for the phone do not show the VictronConnect device either. When trying to select the "Specific documentaion for MPPT Solar Chargers" from the Help menu on my phone, I get this message, "Oops. The page you're trying to reach does not exist." The Blue LED light on the controller indicates that it is charging in bulk mode. Can someone help me re-establish connection to the app on my phone, so it sees the deice.?

VictronConnectBluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @Kent Pauley , welcome to community.

Version 5.51 is the latest official version: thats good.

You’re saying it the app doesn’t list the MPPT. Which, just to make it clear, also to anyone else reading this, is something other than (a) seeing the Victron product listed, but grayed out and thus not able to initiate connection or (b) seeing it listed, able to initiate connection but not successful.

All troubleshooting steps are here: https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VictronConnect_Manual/en/troubleshooting.html#UUID-3e7793ac-44bb-d9b3-70d1-6f8bd4eeb383.. Chapter 11.1. Make sure to also check chapter 11.2.

One thing mentioned in those chapters that is related to not finding the device while scanning with VictronConnect is to enable location services.

Hope that helps!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.