question

puredriveenergyltd avatar image
puredriveenergyltd asked

GX GSM help please.

Hi I have a GX GSM and trying to set it up and having a few issues.

The system is connected to a Venus GX on 2.23 and I have purchased a new EE sim with 5gb of monthly data.

I have read the online manual and when going through the processes I get to the Light blinking slowly - but it won't go to the next stage of blinking fast.

I have contacted EE and checked the sim in a phone and it works fine.

Has any one set one of these up before.

Reards

Paul

gx device
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi Paul, sorry for the delay. Have you already tried a different simcard/operator? Or contacting the operator / googling to see if there are additional settings needed?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

puredriveenergyltd answered ·

Hi Matthijs,

Yes EE told me to use the APN 'internet' - but I couldn't find how to add the username and password details.

I also searched the web and found something saying the APN was - 'everywhere' but this also didn't work for us.

I think we have tried a Vodaphone sim also with no joy.

2 |3000

puredriveenergyltd answered ·

After much searching on the web I found the solution for using the GX GSM with the EE sim.

The Correct APN for EE is 'everywhere'

EE them selfs told me to use internet which does not work as soon as you change this to everywhere the little unit starts working.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic