question

bloudan avatar image
bloudan asked

Limiting ac charger voltage

Can you limit charging voltage on internal ac charger manually without out going through software settings.

EasySolar All-in-One
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
It would be good to know what components you have to help you.
0 Likes 0 ·
bloudan avatar image bloudan commented ·
I am referring to easysolar 24/1600.

I am trying to limit the 40amp ac charger voltage to 28.8v but the voltage does not stop there even when the inverter indicates the battery is full. IT falsely indicate full battery because the voltage gets too high from the ac charger. I noticed over 30v at the battery terminals when ac charger is on even for a short period of time and even at night.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Do you only have the EasySolar or any other Victron components? What are your settings? Batteries?

Maybe temperature compensation?

0 Likes 0 ·
bloudan avatar image bloudan Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Only easysolar all in one. All default settings.

24v tubular acid battery system. I am refering to hardware settings no software access for now. Can only use pins on board to make changes. Temp sensor is connected to -. Usually room temperature environment.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Bloudan

Dip switch settings are what i like to call a dark art. mostly because you are in the dark as to whether you got it right or not and have to sit with a meter to make sure.

The best article I have found on it is this one.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

It seems like easysolar all in one uses different instruction for dip switches than multiplus and it is set to default which should limit voltage to about 28.8v. However it does not stop there.
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ bloudan commented ·

I never use the DIP switches so I took a look into the manual of the MultiPlus-II, MultiPlus-II GX and EasySolar-II GX and it seems like they don't have any DIP switches.

You need to use a MK3 interface and VE.config or VictronConnect to configure the unit.

0 Likes 0 ·
No gx just easysolar all in one 24/1600.
0 Likes 0 ·