question

Michael Ziegler avatar image
Michael Ziegler asked

New Iphone 13Pro will not pair

I see lots of questions on this ...and it would be nice to have a summary of a fix for the issue.

I have summarized from the various posts and know that there are 6 basic steps ( which have not resolved my problem)

1. Deleted all previously synced smart devices from the phone

2. Deleted the Victron Connect App

3. Hard Boot the iphone

4. Reloaded latest Victron App

5. In the App - all devices are displayed and are available to pair

6. Connect with the smart device (in the app) and it tries to sync and gets to the pairing mode (all of my devices us the default code: 000000) - I insert the code and it spins and then gives me "unable to pair" error with explanation telling me to do 1-5

Now here is where I get really confused with all the threads .....and PUK codes etc....so, can someone tell me what I can do to make this work?

VictronConnectBluetooth
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bill-estes avatar image bill-estes commented ·
Continuing the iPhone13 pairing discussion: My MPPT 100/30 appears in the device list on the Victron app but the phone will not pair. Earlier, Victron software was updated via my iPhone 11 and everything worked; problem started with new iPhone 13. Victron app was deleted and app downloaded from the cloud. Original 000000 password had not been re-set. Password reset attempts using PUK code failed. Any ideas?
0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi,
Isn’t this a matter of forgotten pincode?

To reset it, follow the instructions in the manual:

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VictronConnect_Manual/en/connecting.html#UUID-a8177d17-8df0-58cb-8e60-f36c559ae974

Matthijs

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Michael Ziegler avatar image Michael Ziegler commented ·
The default code was never changed and should be: 000000 - which I have entered and it spins and spins and returns the "unable to connect"
0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ Michael Ziegler commented ·
Hi, I still recommend to try the puk code procedure to reset it to 000000, even if only to make sure. What you are describing exactly matches a wrong pin code.

And if that doesn’t help, then try with another phone or tablet.

0 Likes 0 ·
Michael Ziegler avatar image Michael Ziegler mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Sorry added this to the wrong thread:

UPDATE:

I had to reset the PUK codes on all the devices - now all except the Cerbo GX are working.

I get the same pairing issue with it ….even though I have never changed the code from 000000!!! I have also as you recommended tried several devices

Resetting the Cerbo GX is somewhat more complicated, as I understand it you have to download the file to an SD card run it from there.

My VRM still works - I guess this is the only way I can regain access to my Cerbo GX?

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Its called test and try different things - make sure the phone supports the devices Bluetooth "version" you are trying to connect to - as I dont know what you are connecting to I cant tell you the bluetooth version used in the device

Try a different phone and if that works then its not the device -

Bluetooth has many version

the PUK code is only really used to reset the password if its been changed from 6 zeros to some other number that you cant remember.

2 comments
2 |3000

Michael Ziegler avatar image Michael Ziegler commented ·
Thanks ....it is very inconsistent - I have two lithium batteries and one will pair as will the Smart Shut - but my second battery will not along with my Smart Battery Disconnect, Cerbo GX and MPPT
0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image Paul B Michael Ziegler commented ·
Also Make sure that NO other device is connected to the devices that dont connect to your phone - only one bluetooth victron connect can connect at any one time - so if say a friends phone or your spare phone is connected then your other phone cant connect as there is already a connection until they are out of range or there bluetooth is turned off on there phone.

turn ALL other phones and bluetooth devices off that are close to you and see if that helps

especially as you are saying its inconstant

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

Guy, there are quite a few threads on this, is there any way of getting a definitive statement and pinning it to avoid further confusion?

5 comments
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Kevgermany, there are always a few bluetooth issues on community indeed. I’ve read a while this morning, and they are mostly different issues.

So I can’t make one pinned post or definitive statement.

The best place for us to improve this is to further improve the manual, and the in-app instructions. And then anyone helping people with issues would best point links to the right section in the manual, best fitting their problem.

If anyone has a suggestion or sees something missing in the in-app instructions or documentation, then welcome to point them out. Its a challenge to get troubleshooting bluetooth connection issues smooth.

And don’t forget, there are, only on android even, well over 300.000 active VictronConnect installs on phones and tablets: for many it works very well. Doesn’t mean that we shouldnt make it work for all, but does mean that one, or two, or even ten issues doesn’t automatically mean there is possibly a bug.

There is one known problem: seeing the device but grayed out, like when some other phone is already connected. Which happens to some people, and only fix is to power cycle the Victron product. That bug is fixed, firmware update for that is now available in the VictronConnect beta. And within one or two weeks as an official release.

All the best! Matthijs

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Matthijs, thanks, but it was one or more of your previous posts saying that new pairing on the IOS 13 was broken. Is this now resolved?
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Let me qualify that - Victron posts.
0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Oh lets correct that then! I’ll look for it. And if you find it, please let me know where it is.
0 Likes 0 ·
Michael Ziegler avatar image Michael Ziegler mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
UPDATE: I had to reset the PUK codes on all the devices - now all except there Cerbo GX are working.

I get the same pairing issue with it ….even though I have never changed the code from 000000!!!

Resetting the Cerbo GX is somewhat more complicated, as I understand it you have to download the file to an SD card run it from there.

My VRM still works - I guess this is the only way I can regain access to my Cerbo GX?

0 Likes 0 ·
Nickus de Vos avatar image
Nickus de Vos answered ·

A few days ago I helped a friend install 2 Smartsolar 75/15 controllers.

He couldn't get the first one to connect to his phone, (Samsung Galaxy one of the latest models) it showed up, it pared, he entered the default pin but after that nothing. Then we tried my phone (iPhone XR) and it connected just fine, updated the controller to the latest firmware and then he could connect to it with his phone.

With the second controller he could connect using his Samsung the first time no problem even though it was on the same firmware.

Weird but it is what it is I guess.

2 |3000