question

Onwell Dzobo avatar image
Onwell Dzobo asked

Quattros in Parallel Grid Feeback & Genset connection

Hi team. I recently installed a by 20kva(10kva*2) parallelled quatrro coupled with 2* 20/16 LiFePO4 Freedomwon batteries, 2*150/100 Smartsolar MPPT sitting on 9.75kWp solar. I am convinced i followed all the necessary steps to configure a single phase parallel system. The ACin 1 comes of a changeover switch of utility power and a 3 phase genset.

Problem 1:is now and then it shows negative ac indicating grid feeback which i have not allowed on my ccgx settings. What could be the reason

Problem 2: when the changeover switch is rocked to the genset side, the inverter system takes more than is usually normal to connect to the acIn. When it does connect it makes a repeated humming sound 4 times before disconnecting /rejecting the gen input. It waits for a couple of second and tries reconnecting only to repeat the same sequence again. What could be the case with the gen set ac input?

screenshot-20211217-070842.jpg

SVID_20211217_071201_1.mp4

ESSmultiplus in parallel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@onwell dzobo

1. The negative feed back may not actually be feedback but the lom 'checking' the connection. If it is not causing issues with grid meter then dont stress too much about it. Otherwise move your grid set point up a few hundred watts

2. This is usually a wiring issue. Several causes. The live and neutral mixed up, or the inverter is somehow feeding into itself. Or you have phases mixed up incoming?

It usually works best if you have the generator into the ac in 2 as the quattros can be set differently for ac 2 and customised for gensets, things like charge current etc.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Onwell Dzobo avatar image Onwell Dzobo commented ·

Thanks Alex, i will look into my settings and wiring, just to crosscheck the issues raised and views you have given and revert.

0 Likes 0 ·