question

jdm avatar image
jdm asked

BMV SOC not changing when manually trying and Lithium CV .

Hi,

I have a system comprising of 2 x lithium super packs 25.6 x 50Ah, smart BMV , Easysolar w/CCGX , Smart shunt( measuring current from the B2B) and Orion.I've got some doubts about the SOC as it doesn't seem to change more then by 20% before it shuts down ( as the batteries have shut down a couple of times), and I can't manually set it to a value that I want say if I wanted to set it to 50%. every time I try it just reverts back to 100%.

Remote monitoring is offline at the moment which would tell me more :/

Is is correctly wired , I think it must be a settings issue . any ideas anyone I know that I need to change the discahrge floor to 15% as I have seen its at 0% at the moment , which is a mistake. alos efficieny is 95% vs 99%. also with Lithium does it make a difference to have the charged voltage set below float or absorb levels .

thanks Community !

BMV Battery MonitorSOC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

as the batteries have shut down a couple of times

Disable "Battery starts synchronized" if it is enabled.

Also check when you start from SOC 100% if the battery actually is at 100% (measure the battery voltage).

I know that I need to change the discahrge floor to 15% as I have seen its at 0% at the moment , which is a mistake.

That setting does only matter for the "time to go/time remaining" calculation.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jdm avatar image
jdm answered ·

Ok thanks , It is enabled , so will change

Battery voltatge definately hits the absorb , and I've beeen getting to float with the AC in.

thanks ! it says infinite currently!

2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

If you disable start at 100,% it starts at zero and gives a low battery alarm.

You may want to look at tail current, voltage settings in the BMV as well.

2 |3000

jdm avatar image
jdm answered ·

Ok thanks will feedback

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron BMV battery monitors product page