question

Bill avatar image
Bill asked

Adding a second charge controller to the venus os on Pi.

I cannot seem to get my RPI GX to recognise my second Victron controller. My 110/50 connected just fine with the USB to VE.direct connection. My 75/15 connected the same way is not seen.

I tried powering down the RPI then replugging in the second controller. Plugged in the power, no second controller. I looked at the webconsole setup choices, looked at the gui. Not seeing anything.

Is there something I need to do to make it see the second CC? I see nothing in the VGX manual, boy is that pdf sparse.

Ideas? Tried unplugging it when there was power to the RPGX and nothing changed.

-Bill

Venus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
markus avatar image
markus answered ·

They don't show up in the device list?

On the main page, the PV power of the 2 controllers get summed up to a common PV power value.

Regards,

Markus

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

markus avatar image markus ♦♦ commented ·

In case they don't show up in device list, try to exchange Ve.direct USB cables.

Maybe you can diagnose, if the problem is the cable or the charger.

0 Likes 0 ·
Bill avatar image Bill commented ·

No, just the 100/50 is on the device list. the 75/15 is not listed anywhere in VRM or in the settings on the local device.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources