question

vonasi avatar image
vonasi asked

Victron Inverter/Charger start battery charging voltage.

The Multiplus and Quattro inverter charger data sheets show that they have a 4A connection for starter battery charging. The Multiplus II data sheet does not say that it has one but from some Googling I believe that it might have one.

I am designing a 24v domestic system with a 12v starter battery. What is the voltage of this 4A starter charging circuit on a 24v inverter/charger - 12v or 24v?

Can anyone confirm that the Multiplus II also has the starter battery charging connection despite it not being on the data sheet?

Thanks for any help.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerstarter battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

I had the same question. Victron told me the trickle charger voltage is the same as the main charger voltage. So like me 24V charger 24V starter connection. No good for a 12V starter battery.

Download the manual for the Multiplus you're considering as well as the data sheet. There's a lot more information.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.