question

seeinghuman avatar image
seeinghuman asked

Orion-Tr Smart DC-DC Chargers died?

I recently installed a pair of Orion-tr smart dc-dc chargers to charge my lithium bank and they were operational during my first test run. (They weren't quite as powerful as I expected, but were working).

Because the RV is primarily parked (at this time of year), I often connect a NOCO Genius 12V charger to keep the vehicle batteries from going dead.

Between the install / first test and a drive today, the 12V charger was connected for a couple weeks.

I did not isolate (breakers) the Orions during this time and wonder if there is any way that the starter battery charger could have killed the Orions? I would have expected that they would either accept the charge or reject it, but not that they could be damaged.

They are completely unresponsive. No changing. No blue tooth. No visibility on the app.

Does anyone have any advice on what the issue is and / or if there is a way to reset them?

orion-tr smartOrion DC-DC Converters not smart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
spirare avatar image
spirare answered ·

Hi,

Have you found the answer to your question ?

I have a similar situation and would appreciate any wisdom on this.

Regards,

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

Make contact with your supplier as they can arrange a swap if this is truly a dead unit.

2 |3000