question

noel1968 avatar image
noel1968 asked

Clarification on EasySolar 24V, 1600VA

I plan to buy EasySolar 24V, 1600VA. I have a very basic question. After sundown when there is no Solar power generated, will the loads be from the batteries till a certain level of charge in the battery and then switch over to AC power

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

Yes you can but you can program it to do as you want to, like keep 50% of the capacity for when grid fails.

Normal behavior for grid connected systems is to keep grid connected, but try to keep grid usage at zero until battery is discharged (to an adjustable level).

8 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

noel1968 avatar image noel1968 commented ·

Thank you

So the software which will be provided gives you the option to change the parameters to 50%.

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image Paul B noel1968 commented ·

You would need a MK3 to program the easysolar unit and please read the all the manuals and the online help files.

And yes the programs are free from the victron site.

Again we would sugest that you use a experianced tech to do the setup if you have not done it before.

0 Likes 0 ·
noel1968 avatar image noel1968 Paul B commented ·

Sure. I will certainly not do it... will use the tech team to do it.

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image boekel ♦ Paul B commented ·

Edit: please ignore this message, I was wrongly assuming all easysolars had a Color Control, bu the 1600 has not.

You do not necessarily need an MK3 cable to program the easysolar, as it is equiped with a Color Control, but you do need an internet connection in that case.

So you need the MK3 cable to:

-change settings in the inverter when you don't have an internet connection

-to update firmware in the inverter, but that's a job for the installer (you can also ask your distributor to do this before sending the unit)

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ boekel ♦ commented ·

The Easy 1600 doesn't have a CCGX onboard. Just sayin..

0 Likes 0 ·
noel1968 avatar image noel1968 JohnC ♦ commented ·

There are 2 ports - can we not use a USB and connect to the software?

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ noel1968 commented ·

You'd need a MK3-USB adaptor and the free VEConfigure software to fool inside the Multi part of your Easy. A_V has just just posted re the Virtual Switch (it's in the software), and I guess that's how you'd do it, but I'm not familiar enough to help there..

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image boekel ♦ JohnC ♦ commented ·

My apologies, didn't know the 1600 is without CCGX

0 Likes 0 ·
a-v avatar image
a-v answered ·

Use "(dedicated) Ignore AC" in the confuguration which fits you more, at the virtual switch. The EasySolar will change to AC in when the batteries go under the preset level. Then you do not need Color Control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1Zceq02vMA

2 |3000