question

freeheel avatar image
freeheel asked

shore power pass through

I'm trying to configure my Multiplus 3000 to allow shore power pass through to my AC loads, without necessarily having the batteries charged by the Multiplus. There are several threads on this question in the Community suggesting that the charge current control assistant and an external switch on an Aux input can be used to provide this functionality, but there are few details. I cannot find any description from Victron, other than the general overview, about how to actually use the charge current control assistant.

shorepower
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @freeheel

If you're new to the Assistants, maybe best to sign in to VictronProfessional https://professional.victronenergy.com/ and take a look at the Online Training. There's a longish video there on Assistants, and the video is indexed so you can easily locate the parts you're interested in.

There's links there too to other Assistant documents.

Once you get your head around how they work generally, then choose one and start it, it will prompt and expect answers. Some explanation as you progress, but Victron don't waste words here, so read it all carefully. And you can set up a Fake Target and test the process.

There mightn't be much on the actual wiring of relays, etc., but ask again if you have issues with that.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic