question

ncrncevic avatar image
ncrncevic asked

Mppt to charge one 36V Lifepo4 bank

Hello

Can i charge with a Mppt 100/ 20-48 one 36v bank Lifepo4 battery ?

i have two solution for the boat with minn kota, a need at the end 36V but i have problems with charging it.

I can charge it over the solar panel or over the altenator

Solution 1 . 3 x 12v 100ah lifepo4 batterys charging each one with xxxx

Solution 2 . 1 x 36v 100ah Lifepo4 battery

charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@ncrncevic

It is totally possible to charge 36v off solar with victron mppts that can do 48V. There are several threads on this forum about the subject.

If you buy the smart one is is totally customizable with victron connect. Download the app and use the demo library to check it out.

The orions are not as flexible yet to my knowledge, the lowest you can set the 48v ones to is 40v, so on that one will depend on your alternator and actual battery bank voltage. Also can be explored in the demo library of the app.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ncrncevic avatar image
ncrncevic answered ·

Hello

how big need to be the solar panel or witch one to get out 36v

i can put max 300 400w panel

4 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
The PV voltage have to be at least 5V higher than the battery voltage to start charging.
0 Likes 0 ·
ncrncevic avatar image ncrncevic Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

so i need a panel with outputh 42v

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ ncrncevic commented ·
A 36V LiFePO4 battery with 12 cells will have an idle voltage of around 39-40V so the PV array should have at last 45V Voc, more is better.
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ ncrncevic commented ·
Can also connect panels in series to get the voltage you need. Just make sure you don't exceed the input voltage of the MPPT
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Chargers.

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic