question

kalito avatar image
kalito asked

Maximise PV Self Consumption Blue Solar 100/30 & Multi 3KVA

Colleague has a Multi 3KVA 24V, Blue Solar 100/30 and 2 banks of 200Ah gels. He now also has 4x 250W PV modules in two strings. A CerboGX was added to provide remote monitoring and data logging as well as help the Multi know what the Blue Solar is doing.

Previously, grid charged the batteries and carried the load. PV would essentially be idle unless there is grid loss during the day. Unfortunately VEConfig says the inverter does not support ESS so how do we know achieve the following:

1. Make PV carry day load and maintain/charge battery during the day?
  2. Ignore grid during the day
  3. Charge the battery just enough during the night incase there is loss of grid but not enough to start the day with a full battery for PV to be idle

The load is average 250-300W

MPPT Controllerscerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Kalito

More information please. ESS would do it, but the Multi might just need a firmware update. What Product ID and Firmware does it have? Available in the Cerbo.. 1637578227634.png

1637578227634.png (61.7 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kalito avatar image kalito commented ·
If there is a way other than ESS would be nice to know about it. Product ID is 1910.

I also notice that load consumption is not reflected on the VRM graph although its visible in the flow diagram.

0 Likes 0 ·
kalito avatar image
kalito answered ·

@JohnC any ideas seeing that 1910 does not support ESS?

2 comments
2 |3000

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·
@Kalito

Sorry, I missed your earlier comment.

I was hoping you wouldn't say 19xx, but it still has Assistant firmware. The latest is 209, and I have no idea which Assistants it supports. You could try it and take a look.

Maybe no ESS, but if Generator Start Stop and General Flag are there you have a good chance of doing what you seek. But I've no experience at all with the 19 series, so come back with what you find and we'll go from there.

Maybe someone else can speak for the 1910209?

0 Likes 0 ·
kalito avatar image kalito JohnC ♦ commented ·

Thanx John for your feedback. I have been reading on 19xx series. I want to try out Assistants available for this series in VE.Configure dummy.

I noticed that self-consumption assistants are skewed to 26xx.

Alternatively if conditions were based on BlueSolar values then AC ignore could be based on that.

0 Likes 0 ·