question

Adam Hanafi avatar image
Adam Hanafi asked

Please help me

Hope all is well

Installed a 12v 3000w multiplus , connected all the wires up and I’m getting a “low battery” flashing led , the voltage at my battery is 13.3 and the SOC is 97%

I also installed the ve smart dongle and that’s stuck on “initializing” , the inverter or charger will not turn on

battery is full. All the crimps and connections are fine

would greatly appreciate some help

note: I bought this item used and I’m not sure how the previous owner programmed the device or what chemistry battery he had

also, I have not yet connected the chassis equipment ground to the multiplus

Update - been doing some reading. I have 2awg cable attached to one battery positive and negative terminal , it appears as thought I actually need 2 x 2/0 AWG , I got confused between 2 awg and 2/0, do you think this is causing the error?

a864045f-a5c2-4b14-a6b4-72bbdfb0e100.png

battery charging
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
It’s probably a 3000VA inverter so 2400W, less if you are in a warm climate (above 25C) so be careful of overloading.
0 Likes 0 ·
5 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

I see you found the problem in another post as you had a VE bus assistant installed

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/109131/low-battery-alarm-mk3-settings-screenshot.html

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

The size of cable should not be an issue if there is no load. Download and read the manual. Try a factory reset, or use the switch settings to reset the battery type to that which you are using.

Better yet, get a Mk2 or Mk3 and use VE configure, then you can see exactly what the inverter is set for, and what it is seeing.

1 comment
2 |3000

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·
Best of all add a CERBO unit then you can monitor remotely and have remote access and updates to the inverter - (internet connection needed)
0 Likes 0 ·
Adam Hanafi avatar image
Adam Hanafi answered ·

Hi guys thanks for the reply, I tried using the dip switches to set and save the stand alone settings, the battery charge settings and I even swapped out different cables and it’s still showing the low battery flashing led. I’m crushed right now I just spent a lot of money on this , not sure what else to do

I’m getting the correct voltage at my busbars, the battery terminals for the multiplus , I don’t see a factory reset in the manual

2 |3000

mrhappy avatar image
mrhappy answered ·

I searched the manual and did not see any option to reset to factory defaults either.

I agree with Mike Dorsett that getting a MK2 or MK3 device to connect the Multiplus to a computer and set it up properly for the way you need to use it. There are many benefits of having that kind of access to these devices.

Good Luck!

2 |3000

colin-foster avatar image
colin-foster answered ·

I have the same problem with "low battery" warning and have monitored my system to see where it comes from. It seems to be trigered by SOC. My SOC low restart is set to 80% when the SOC pass this threshhold the low battery warning is trggered when discharging and switched off when charging. Try setting your low restart to a lower level and see if you get the same.inverter.jpg

inverter.jpg (60.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic