question

offgridpete avatar image
offgridpete asked

Direct connection to Octo GX of my generator or through an ATS?

Hi All

I have included photos of my system, in addition to what you see I also have 22x230W solar panels. I now want to add a 10KW genset. My question is do I use the DSE 6120 auto mains failure control module to connect to the Octo GX or do I buy an ATS? I have included photos of the DSE module (display and connection sides). Please ask if you want any other information.

Thanks in anticipation.

Generator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mikhail-petukhov avatar image
mikhail-petukhov answered ·

Victron natively supports Fischer Panda generators via CAN bus (Controlling a Fischer Panda generator that is connected through CAN-bus). DSE 6120 has RS485 interface and modbus rtu protocol. You or some one need to write a dbus driver to support DSE communication protocol. In this case you will have a lot of generator's data in the Octo GX and probably some data in the VRM also.

Of course, the DSE 6120 functions are completely independent of the communication with Octo GX. DSE 6120 should work by its own algorithms at any case.

In case of you have additional hardware to allow modbus tcp communication please check BetaGen / DSE Integration discussion, @DafyddHirst hase some result.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.