question

mcokeke avatar image
mcokeke asked

Generator Start and Stop Assistant: "Stop when AC Available" is cause overload during brown out.

I think that Victron developers should take a look at the assistant. I am using it to power ACOUT2 and I want to ignore the logic when ACIN2 is ACTUALLY connected NOT available. My grid electricity is bad so sometimes when the voltage is too low ACOUT2 will power even though it is not yet connected. Even when the grid is good ACOUT2 start powering about 30 seconds before connection.

Is there a way to modify the assistant to ignore the logic ONLY if ACIN2 is connected?

relay assistant
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

That sounds like a bug in the assistant: If AC2 out is switched by the assistant, it should only come on when the input is connected, not just when the input has voltage, under any circumstances. It's probably only been tested on a solid grid.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic