question

vga avatar image
vga asked

MultiPlus Compact firmware - Non assistant or Assistant?

Hi,

I have just helped a friend to configure a MultiPlus Compact 12/2000/80-30. Target was to change settings to use it with LiFePo4 batteries with VE configure software with the Victron MK3 - USB Interface. Configuration was applied as expected.

Then we tried the Victron Connect app on PC, and it tried to connect to the MultiPlus over MK3 USB interface. After a while it stated that the firmware was outdated, and needed to be upgraded to 2xx or above. So we started to see if there where any options to upgrade the firmware on the older MultiPlus.

Found the current version 1908129 and after reading up on the firmware documentation. Then I found out that I can select from 2 versions of firmware:

Non assistant firmware: 1908159

Assistant firmware: 1908209

What are the differences of Assistant and Non assistant, and are both compatible with the MultiPlus? I assume that only the assistant version will work with the Victron Connect software?

-VGA

multiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Jon Ovington avatar image
Jon Ovington answered ·

My assumption it is referring to the 'plugins'

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/assistants:start

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

vga avatar image vga commented ·
Thanks @Jon Ovington, that for informative about assistants

Any advice on the firmware version, leave it at 129, upgrade to 159 or 209? Virtual Switch is not in use for now on the MultiPlus

-vga

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ vga commented ·
If you want to use VictronConnect you need 209.
0 Likes 0 ·
vga avatar image vga Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Ok @Matthias, thanks! No need at the moment. More if there are any known issues on the current version (129) that should be addressed
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ vga commented ·
At Victron professional you can look at the changelog.

Free account needed.
0 Likes 0 ·
vga avatar image vga Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Thanks, looked through it, but seems to only go back to ver 150
0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

If you have no issues, leave it like it is.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic