question

boatguy avatar image
boatguy asked

MultiPlus-II 2x 120V Not working with Generator as AC input

It was a long day but the install of the MultiPlus-II 2X 120V went pretty well. Running of battery is flawless. Switching between Shorepower and battery works perfect. The problem lies in using it with generator. I have a Furion Transfer switch before the MultiPlus that is fed from a factory installed Onan 5500 gender. When the generator is running r as my primary source for power the Multiplus wont carry the AC load through. It just sits on inverter even getting confused. Prior to installing the multiplus the get set would start and after about 20 seconds the transfer switch would engage and AC would come on. Not sure what I’m missing.

Separate but perhaps related question. If the inverter switch is off, the AC doesnt pass through. It really just shuts off the entire coach.

Any help will be appreciated. I’m kind of new but working my through this.

Multiplus-IIGenerator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Boatguy

Take a look through this.. https://www.victronenergy.com/live/multiplus_faq

Gensets can be frustrating sometimes. Even poor ac wiring or a badly connecting plug can do this. And the Multis are particular about it.

Switching the inverter off is like a safety switch, and I would expect it to do that. Wouldn't you?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

boatguy avatar image
boatguy answered ·

Thank you. And thanks for being patient, I am new to this. I am going to get my laptop and the ve bus adapter and see what setting will work.

As far as switching the inverter off, I would have assumed the AC old just pass thru using the inverter as an expensive junction box.

Thank you again for your help

2 |3000

bostonfamily1181 avatar image
bostonfamily1181 answered ·

Was this issue ever resolved?

2 |3000