question

jose-carrasco avatar image
jose-carrasco asked

Firmware update and wrong MPPT battery voltage selection

Over the past two months, I have commissioned several MPPTs. A recurrent problem following the firmware update is a low voltage system alarm. While checking the settings of the MPPT (Victron connect) I noticed that the MPPT failed to detect the right voltage level at startup and therefore leading to low voltage alarms.

I know how to fix the problem, but this situation is not ideal. Especially if I am giving support to a system installed in another country or that is connected via a can.bus (so far not supported for remote configurations with Victron Connect).

1. How could I verify and if necessary correct the system voltage remotely for a VE.Can connected MPPT device?

2. Did Victron notice this problem before? are you working to solve it?

MPPT Controllersfirmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
michelg avatar image
michelg answered ·

Hi Jose, that would be nice if you could explain ypour fix / workaround for people being in he same situation.

Thanks, Michel

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jose-carrasco avatar image jose-carrasco commented ·
Hi Michel, you can use Victron connect to access the settings of the MPPT, either locally or remote (if your system is connected to the internet and your MPPT is connected to a GX device via VE.direct cable). Under the battery settings, you will find the option to select the right voltage level for your system (battery voltage).

Best, Jose

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual