question

jans avatar image
jans asked

Solar system upgrade

Helo!

Can anybody help me understand new system components? What i need purchase? Now i have solar pv 7kw. (1e+5s+1w) and small noname inverter 1.8kw+300ah 24v Gel. Installed in September, initially 2kw pv, later the rest. Now I'm thinking of buying Easy Solar II 5000. Do i need too energy meter and shunt. I have 3 phase grid 20A.

Thank you very much for your answers and sorry for the bad English.

EasySolar All-in-One
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@JanS

I think some more information about what you want to achieve is needed.

Like is it just a swap in the position of the no name inverter that is in place?

Is the pv before or after the inverter? Do you want information from the pv invterter to be recorded by the victron?

Does the pv inverter supply a three phases?

Maybe you should talk to a local dealer.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

Whilst you don't need either the energy meter or the shunt to make the system work, either or both could be a good idea to increase data from the system as it grows. However, you do need additional MPPT devices to convert the power from the PV arrays. It is not good practice to connect arrays with different azimuths to the same tracker.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jans avatar image jans commented ·

Why not combine different sides of the sky? In the morning works east and so on to the west. All parties will not work at the same time. Now I have easy Solar II 5000 with Meter and Shunt, but it's still only spring, I don't know what it's going to be like later.

0 Likes 0 ·