question

gilles avatar image
gilles asked

Multiplus 800 Va 12v install

Hi,

I am installing a Multi 800 va 12v connected with 35mm2 wire to a 250 Ah Ltihium battery.

Question 1: On the Dc connector of the multi, do you put anything on the cable , or just bare is fine ?

Question 2: I want to put a remote control (3 way switch) to turn it off and on. Is a digital multi control necessary on a security point of vue (the fact that you can reduce the amperage imput ) ?

And if not , i read that a rocket 3 way switch 15 A could do it ? There are plenty of topics but there are kind of cutting short at the end. I just wanted to know if 1.5 mm2 wire could do it (4meters away from the multi) and what fuse could i use to protect the wire ?

I am a beginner so its a beginner question. Just trying to improve.

Thanks

installation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

If the terminals of the 800/12 are screw clamp type, then bare wire is fine, if these are bolt type, a crimped lug is better than wrapping the wire round the bolt.

For the remote, this is signal level rather than power, so 1.5mm is fine, it does not need a fuse, and the switch rating can be as low as 1A.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gilles avatar image
gilles answered ·

great thanks. And for the charging of the starter battery while plug in 220v (1A) i could use again the same cable 1.5mm2, i guess..

I am gonna do the crimping myself, i am gonna get of these cheap chinese hydraulic crimp, i saw some videos it could do a proper crimp , i hope.

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
They do a good job as long as you use the correct terminals and anvils.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic