question

yachtsolutionstc avatar image
yachtsolutionstc asked

Victron CCGX - SOC percentage display

Have a Victron Phoenix 24/3000 inverter with a CCGX control, Centaur 12/100 charger and 500a smart shunt. Questions is after installation and fully charging batteries I have sync the SOC to 100%. After running the inverter the SOC% drops as expected, but when the charger is powered back up from shore power the SOC% does not go up. Do the batteries need to return to full charge before the SOC% resets to 100% or should I see the SOC% increase as the batteries charge up.

CCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
jwfrary avatar image
jwfrary answered ·

Does the negative on your charger run though the shunt? The most likely explanation is that the current isn't running via the shunt and therefore the SOC isn't changing.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

yachtsolutionstc avatar image
yachtsolutionstc answered ·

The shunt is in the negative lead from the inverter battery bank. The charger negative is tied to the negative buss of the vessel. The charger is used to both charge the inverter bank and (2) Engine starting banks(3-bank charger).

2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

State of charge should show the increase from the shore power charger. But it has to see the charge current. It's not clear to me from your description if it will.

But if you have three separate battery banks, you probably need a shunt per bank.

2 |3000