question

joeccv avatar image
joeccv asked

Multiplus Compact 2kva-120v Horizontal Wall Mounting

Given the length of the multiplus compact 2kva, i need to mount it horizontal (sideways) on the van wall to make it fit. The manual doesn't really state that it can't be done, but the mounting points included don't really lend to mounting in that orientation. I have considered creating a ledge with angle aluminum to rest it on while using the included cleat.

Is there any restriction to mounting it this way other than airflow? Ventilation is not an issue.

installation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

Only issues with mounting these inverters are:

1) Will they be secure under vibration / emergency stopping / accident?

2) Will the cooling be adequate?

As the cleat is designed to support the weight of the inverter, this should probably be oriented to the rear of the vehicle if horizontally mounted. Both lower fixing points should also be securely bolted.

cooling / ventilation is up to you. In an accident the deceleration can be severe, so make sure that this is taken into account when bracing the unit.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gschulz avatar image
gschulz answered ·

Hey @JoeCCV , did you end up hanging your Multiplus sideways in your van? 2 years later and I have a similar need - I'm interested in knowing how you bolted it on the wall to support the weight, and how that's held up for you over time. Thanks!

2 |3000

joeccv avatar image
joeccv answered ·

Hi, yes I did, although it was in a customer's van. I bolted aluminum angle to the wall to make a shelf and then I mounted it as usual. It worked out just fine.

1 comment
2 |3000

gschulz avatar image gschulz commented ·

Thanks Joe - much appreciated!

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic