question

lilboy509 avatar image
lilboy509 asked

Multiplus II 48/5000/70 - 60Hz. Issue after updating to V489

Hello Victron Energy,

After updating my MP II 48/5000/70 to V489, I am facing a frequency issue. I changed it to 60Hz. and save the change, but it still shows 50Hz. on the V.E Configure 3, problem that I did not have with the V487. This frequency issue causes all UPS backups to beep a lot because the frequency is 50Hz. instead of 60Hz. Maybe the V489 came out with a bug.

Please, fix it asap!

Best regards.

Multiplus-IIbug report
6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi again.

We tested it, on the exact same device; and works fine: we checked the output frequency with a DMM: 60Hz. Changing it -> 50Hz measured, changing it again, 60Hz measured.

So no bug, at least not a generic one that affects all situations.

Please check again; and if you can't find it, please post the VEConfigure settings file, so we'll check that.

Also, make sure that its inverting, and not passing through AC from the input (generator or shore) that for some reason changed to 50Hz.

1 Like 1 ·
lilboy509 avatar image lilboy509 mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Mvader,

Thank you for your quick answer.

Okay,I will check again and if I have the same issue I will post the VEConfigure file.

Regards.

0 Likes 0 ·

MP II Issue after updating to V489.zip

Hi Mvader,

As you suggested to me, I tried again, I reinstalled V489 instead of V487, and this time I have 60 HZ. displayed in the VEConfigure, but the UPS started beeping again and when this happens, it means that there is a problem with the electric current and the UPS does not accept it, a problem I did not have with the V487.

Attached is my VEConfigure file.

Thank you and best regards.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Hi, noticed. We’re checking.
0 Likes 0 ·
Thank you very much!
0 Likes 0 ·
mikaeel avatar image mikaeel mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers