question

roamer105 avatar image
roamer105 asked

Ccgx reboot loop with Tank 140

My ccgx is stuck in a reboot loop if powered up with the Tank 140 connected. Disconnecting just the Tank 140 will allow the ccgx to boot correctly. The Tank 140 works fine if reconnected after the ccgx has fully restarted.

CCGX Color Control
6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Hi, Start with checking the firmware version of your CCGX: update it to version v2.73, which is currently the latest version

if that doesn’t fix it: what else do you have connected to the USB ports?

and whats the power connection like to the GX device? Perhaps its a power issue?

0 Likes 0 ·
roamer105 avatar image roamer105 mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks!

BMV-712

MPPT 150/70

Multi-Plus 120/3000

The CCGX is running the latest 2.73

I do have 2 sets of two tanks connected to the Tank 140. One of the sets is using internal 24V from the Tank 140.

the CCGX is connected to the main battery bank (large LiFePO4 battery)

Any suggestions in addition?

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ roamer105 commented ·
Hi, make sure the power connection to the CCGX is ok; by double checking the wiring for loose contacts; and possubly measuring the voltage at the power in terminals of the CCGX.

And what happens when the GX tank is connected, while the tanks are not?

can you post a picture of the (power) wires to the CCGX.

above is all to make sure that its not a power-dip problem due to loose contact, or voltage drop or similar.

The combination of components you listed is ok; that won’t cause any issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Ps. Is the system on VRM? Then I can ask an engineer to login and check the logs
0 Likes 0 ·
roamer105 avatar image roamer105 mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Yes it is.

ER105

Send me email for access.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ roamer105 commented ·
Ok I’ll find it. I removed your email btw.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
roamer105 avatar image
roamer105 answered ·

I found the problem! I used the internal 24V supply for two ultrasonic sensors. They happen to consume 44mA which is more than twice the allowed current. The 140 kept resetting its internal over current protection and drawing just enough of a load over the USB to cause the CCGX to fail on reboot - hence cycle about every 1-2 seconds.

I rewired the sensors to feed off the 12V system avoiding the internal overcurrent protection. Now it works fine. I just have to go back through and recalibrate.

Thank you!

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Ah good!
0 Likes 0 ·