question

matt3003 avatar image
matt3003 asked

Multi Plus & Phoenix

Hi from Australia,
I have a Multi Plus compact 12/2000/80 in my caravan. Its coupled with a Cerbo and GX 50 touch. The GX50 Touch is running in 'motor home' mode. So I can toggle the inverter from 'On' 'Off' & 'Charger only'. So on the 'charger only' selection I can limit input current down to 1amp. I also have a Phoenix 500 in my car. I thought it would be nifty if I could top up the van from the car, for who knows what reason? Plan B, redundancy, who knows? Any way the multi will not recognise/connect/sync with the Phoenix. It try's three times then come up with 'Fault' overlayed on the inverter icon on the the GX50. However its dose not register on the alarms list. My father has a Projecta 600 Inteiwave inverter in his car. Tried it on that no problem, it connects up straight away and works fine. Has anyone got any reasonable idea why the two Victron units do not want to work together?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargermultiple inverters
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
How do you connect them together?
0 Likes 0 ·
matt3003 avatar image matt3003 Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
With an extension lead from the 240v oulet of the Pheonix to the 240v inlet of the Multi.
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

to different inverter/charger models or sizes cannot be linked.

so you cant connect a phoenix inverter to any multiplus unit

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

matt3003 avatar image matt3003 commented ·

Hi Paul, you might be miss under standing me. I am using the Phoenix as 'mains' or 'shore power' input supply to the Multi. Not connecting or linking them them to increase output. I am simply plugging an extension lead from the Phoenix 240v output to the 240v input of the Multi to transfer power from lithium bank in car to lithium bank in caravan.

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

have got any ess installed or grid type setup if so try disabling the lom setting

1 comment
2 |3000

matt3003 avatar image matt3003 commented ·
Thanks for the lead. Neither ESS or grid tie. The law here would not allow for permanent disabling of lom, but disabling it to test is good idea. Thanks.
0 Likes 0 ·