question

daveman avatar image
daveman asked

BMV 712 keeps blowing slow blow fuse

Fuse blows when lead is put into B1 position on shunt. New install. Wired directly to positive battery terminal, as per instructions.

fuses
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

what size fuse are you using should be 1 amp, if it is and still blows please take it back to the seller and have it checked under warranty

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

daveman avatar image daveman commented ·
Used 1A fuse that came with device. Did a little more investigating, and notice a lot of new installs removed the fuse until everything was hooked up. Getting a 10 pack of 1A fuses, today. will try again. Thanks
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ daveman commented ·
Good move. Just remembered I blew that fuse disconnecting the battery.
0 Likes 0 ·
daveman avatar image daveman daveman commented ·
Success! Took fuse out, then plugged in lead to B1 slot on shunt first. Then put fuse back in. Works fine. Thanks for the help.
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

I would try to disconnect the RJ12 cable that is going to the monitor. Than I would inspect the PCB at the shunt if there is any obvious damage.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic