question

wdeertz avatar image
wdeertz asked

Cerbo GX monitoring bilge

I recently installed a Cerbo GX and connected my 4 bilge pumps to the digital inputs. I can see the various parameters that each digital input outputs to my N2K network. One of the data elements is cycle count. I'd like to set an alarm if any bilge cycles more than 15 times in any 24 hours period. I see in VRM alarm settings I can set an alarm for cycle counts but there doesn't appear to be anyway to reset this parameter to 0 once per day. If the cycle count is cumulative it becomes a meaningless parameter after a period of time. Any ideas how I can reset this every day or accomplish what I'm trying to do?

I've set another alarm if the input state is "on" for more than 60 seconds. If the bilge runs for more than 60 consecutive seconds the bilge either has an air lock or there is some sort of flooding. In addition to cycle count tracking I'd like to track cumulative run time in a 24 hour period, anyway to do this?

Thanks

cerbo gx
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jeffryk avatar image jeffryk commented ·

Sorry for the basic question, but I am confused about the wiring from the Rule 3-way switch to the Cerbo. Is it as simple as splicing in a positive and negative wire to the cerbo from the back of the switch?

0 Likes 0 ·
topnotchit avatar image topnotchit jeffryk commented ·
I am confused also. Did you figure it out. If so, how did you wire the cerbo to your rule float switch. I really appreciate your help!
0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Yes I have a customer wanting the same, especially the ability to reset the count back to zero

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jordy avatar image
Jordy answered ·

Can I get a update what the outcome is on this question. I would like to set the same alarm.

1 comment
2 |3000

pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell commented ·

You can not connect a 12V signal to the Cerbo, I think the manual says 5V max or something lower. You need to connect a potential free switch to the digital input. Some people are connecting the bilge pump power to an opto coupler. See https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/113996/how-do-i-use-the-digital-inputs-in-cerbo-gx.html

0 Likes 0 ·
peter-roach-jr avatar image
peter-roach-jr answered ·

I would like to graph the bilge activations to see if they are getting more frequent, e.g. a leak is getting worse.

2 |3000

jeffryk avatar image
jeffryk answered ·

It is not a graph, but there is a widget in VRM for a digital input summary by each digital input device. Perhaps others have a more elegant way to get this data, but you could record the summary data weekly or monthly into an excel spreadsheet and then do anything you want with the accumulated data.

2 |3000