question

adrians avatar image
adrians asked

Connecting cables to a Victron Energy Solar Panel 40W-12V Mono series 4a - SPM040401200

Hi

I am a newbie as far as connecting solar panels.
I have a Victron Energy Solar Panel 40W-12V Mono series 4a - SPM040401200. This panel doesn't come with any flying leads to MC4 connectors. It has two cable entry holes with screw in caps and cable clamping glands. Can anyone please tell me how this works with the cable? Do I need to attach a pin to the cable before inserting it into the hole? I have a male and female MC4 connectors but neither of those look like they connect directly to the panel terminal block. Sadly no information came with the panel and I cannot find anything online. A simple diagram/description would have been soooo useful.. Many thanks in advance for any help.

Solar Panelwiringconnection issue
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Did you open up the box that has the cable glands? Guessing there are terminals in there to connect to.

Watch your polarity.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic