question

Dosheimer avatar image
Dosheimer asked

Victron OS - new DC-meter feature

Hi!
I do not yet understand the new DC meter feature highlighted in the changelog of the new Vitron OS versions: There is a 115A alternator, a Silentwind generator and a MPPT100/50 (500Wp solar panels) in my system as charging sources for my 330Ah lithium (cruising sailboat setup).

All negatives of the charging sources are connected to a central minus distribution busbar and this minus busbar is connected to the shunt of aSmart BMV712 which then is connected to a 330Ah smart lithium from Victron.

So far I am getting fine readings on the VRM screen from the MPPT100/50 which is connected to the Raspi4 running Venus V2.80-16-large21, but no additional widgets for additional charging sources or something like that.

So when switching the BMV712 to DC meter mode: What shall happen when getting charging amps from the wind generator and/or alternator? Maybe I am completely misunderstanding the whole topic about the new DC meter feature?

Thanks upfront for your support!

modifications
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi! Its too early for extra widgets on the overview page.

For now, all that happens is an entry in the Device list.

We’re still working on the rest.

Note, also for any co-readers, that the new venus os changelogs you are referring to are all about betas; nothing finished or official yet.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Experiments, Modifications and Adaptions. Mods (Modifications) can be made to Victron Software by the Community. Please use the modifications space for enthusiasts who want to push what is possible, without official Victron Support.