question

jms avatar image
jms asked

Which assistant to use for Victron EasySolar 24/1600/40-16 MPPT 100/50

Hi,

I have a Victron EasySolar 24/1600/40-16 MPPT 100/50

I am looking for some guidance to select the correct Assistant and/or configuration options to use for the following scenario:

1. Solar Panel array 2 panels 335w rated

2. 24v battery (12+12)

3. Solar generates around 100-200w winter daytime (that's fine for my application)

4. Mains supply available. No supply to grid possible nor desired.

5. Load is around 120-150w mainly but bursts to 500w now and again.

Now I would like:

a) use solar to drive load and

b) use any solar excess charges batteries which store and discharge (at night)

c) mains used only towards load when solar low and battery low (but not to charge batteries).

d) no loss of power to load during any switching

I have looked at all the options, tried a few and nothing seems to suit. I have tried assistants and virtual switch. I presumed the above scenario is typical but maybe not.

EasySolar All-in-OneAssistants
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

I used to use the 'ignore AC in' option of the virtual switch do do something similar to what you want. This will only switch back to mains when the batery reaches a low state of charge. The trick is to stop the inverter from recharging the battery - and to do this, you would need to program the charger voltages to a low level, or to program the max battery charge current to a low level.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.