question

solifoc avatar image
solifoc asked

Problem with energy fluxes in Venus

Hi, I'm just proving a system for my van and I have a problem with the amps shown in the screen of the Venus iOS.

The system is formed by a Phoenix inverter 12/500, a solar charger and a smartshunt with diy LiFePo4 battery.

As it seems in the screenshots the phoenix is injecting energy to the battery (23 VA) but the smart shunt doesn't count them, of course.

Any solution?

Thx!

img-20211023-102406.jpgImage Caption

img-20211023-102406.jpg

Venus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Solifoc

The figures you show there are too low to make anything of. Essentially they're 'self consumption' figures in a situation where that isn't actually measured (except by the shunt).

Bear in mind too that Amps are always reported to 1 decimal point, even though VRM lists 2 dp's, but the 2nd is always zero. So then your "23VA" is just 0.1A at 230V, which is what I'd expect the Phoenix to report on. (I've never seen VA reported though, must be a Phoenix thing).

The sample times can vary too, so with changing loads and charge, the figures 'never' balance. And you're right down there at specced accuracy level too.

Give the system something to do, and it should make more sense. But don't expect perfection, as it's a 'best effort' balance only.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources