question

michelg avatar image
michelg asked

Multiplus 48/15000/200 temperature issue.

Hi everyone,

A friend of mine is running off-grid 3x 48/15K Multiplus, and 2 of them are linked as Master / Slave. Lately the master is switching OFF due to temperature problem (which is almost impossible as we are at 10C and a light charge is applied to them, less than 3kW.) The battery banks consists of 2 arrays of 48V/1500A (2V/1500A Hoppecke - 3kA available). No power is produced by the PV arrays, as it is currently the night.

It has started having this behaviour today, and we have checked the installation. When the temperature LED becomes red, we can hear the fans running full speed, but the air blown outside is cold.

I am thinking either a migh be a problem with a temperature sensor, or a fan which is just "dead" and that will not blow air into one of the areas of the Multiplus. Not even sure if it could be a dust problem, or if we have to check both master and slave, even the issue is reported on the master.

Anyone has an idea / procedure to determine what is the cause ?

Thanks for your help.

Michel

Temperature Sensor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
michelg avatar image
michelg answered ·

Hi, nobody has seen the question, or no ideas ?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Petar Maksimovic avatar image
Petar Maksimovic answered ·

Michel,

I had similar issue with stand alone Multi 48/3000 alerting overheating before overload. Explanation was this was caused by internal components overheating, not necceserly air temperature. We added another unit in paralled to lower the load, now that there is no overload, unit runs on rather high temperature. We are still investigating...

You might try to run one by one in stand alone mode under same load to see if there is difference in alarming between two...

If you get any other answer or solution, can you please share it here. I will do as well

Petar

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron temperature sensor disambiguation table - which product supports which sensor