question

leanangle avatar image
leanangle asked

Will fusing a MMPT SCC below the recommended minimum cause problems?

I'm pairing an MPPT 100/50 with a Samlex EVO-2212 inverter/charger. The 2212 has external charger inputs designed to allow the SCC to be hooked up directly through it. Doing so allows it to charge the battereies at a defined rate by intelligently combining it's generated charging output (when hooked up to an external AC source) with that derived from the SCC.

The problem is: Samlex demands this input be no more than 50A, and protected by a 50A fuse (lest internal damage to the 2212 possibly occur). I figured no issue, since I was running a 50A SCC... until I realized Victron mandates a minimum 60A fuse (max 70) for the MPPT100/50.

Am I going to run into nuisance-tripping scenarios with a 50A fuse (actually going with a breaker) and 50A output? Should I limit the SCC output below 50A (and if so, by how much?) Or just give up on the functionality provided by these exerternal inputs and wire it as you normally would?

MPPT Controllersfuses
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

You may find that the fuse keesp blowing thats all. maybe reduce the max charge amps in the victron connect app to be lower than the fuse.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic