question

oahubrewer avatar image
oahubrewer asked

Cerbo GX with Xantrex Marine

I've tried to do some digging and haven't found very much in the way of a clear answer or anyone that has done this.

I've recently been upgrading my boats electrical system to all Victron components. I now have a Cerbo GX, 100/50 Solar MPPT charger, and the smart shunt 1000. The rest of my boats electronics are all Raymarine and I have had zero issues interfacing the new components into the existing HS network.

Only missing piece of the puzzle is that I have a Xantrax Marine 3KW inverter charger. It does a great job and I have no reason to spend the extra money to replace it. The Xantrx Marine device does interface with my NMEA 2k network. I can see that device fine from my Raymarine suite. So it is fully NMEA 2k compliant.

Is there a way for me to get the Cerbo GX to detect that there is NMEA 2k inverter charge and display the data it is sending? I understand it is very unlikely to be able to control it, but I want to be able to monitor everything from one location and right now it will not detect any inverter charger.

Thanks for any help you all can give.

Aloha

Nathan

cerbo gxmonitoring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Only Victron inverter chargers will work using the VE.Bus communication.
Off brand inverter chargers don't communicate with the CerboGX at all.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources