question

skippyupover avatar image
skippyupover asked

MPPT 75/15 smartsolar bluetooth connection keeps disappearing

Hi,

I recently purchased and installed a Smartsolar MPPT 75/15 charger. It appeared to work fine and I was able to connect the Victron App.

However, after a couple of hours, if I start the app it just sticks at 20% connecting.

The next morning, there is no bluetooth device visible anymore.

If I reset the device by removing both battery and PV connection, everything is fine, and the merry-go-round starts again.

Since the charger itself appears to work fine, I am assuming the problem is with either the bluetooth controller or its firmware.

Smartsolar Charger MPPT 75/15: 1.56
Smartsolar bluetooth interface rev2: 2.25

Please note that I have tried the app from 3 different devices always with exactly the same behaviour. And no, at no time were any of the devices connected at the same time.

Before I return it to the distributor for replacement I would like to know if there might be a known fix for this.

Thanks,

Nick

MPPT ControllersBluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
skippyupover avatar image
skippyupover answered ·

I solved this problem by wiring the Victron controller directly to the battery. Previously I was connecting to a dedicated solar input connector on my Hymer Eblock.

Since then it has been working like a charm.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

morningstar avatar image
morningstar answered ·

Same Problem Overhere, Problem is almost every week, plz help

2 |3000