question

macelly avatar image
macelly asked

SmartSolar 150/70 VE.Can current fluctuate

I have a SmartSolar 150/70 synced setup (1 ve.direct only 1 VE.Can/ve.direct) for 2 different arrays. They are both attached with ve.direct to GX Cerbo, SmartShunt, Smartbattery (historical before GX Cerbo)

Just a couple of days ago 7 or 8 after firmware update (v3.07) the VE.Can device has fluctuating current. From 0 to max availble and back. The other SmartSolar (v1.59) does not have any issue

Did all sort of troubleshooting already (downgrades to 3.05 and 3.06, beta's (GX), unplugging, wiring checks (including all connectors), disabled DVDC, disabling bluetooth network) It looks ok for a couple of seconds and then it going up and down again in just seconds.

Both arrays are close in total config so the difference is easy to spot during the day. See Roof (SmartSolar with issue) is far behind last days (today system is been out for a while so stages are not right anymore)

bus.png

1980 Watt (3 x 6 x 110W)

roof.png

1640 Watt (2 x 2 x 410W)

When I disconnected the batteries (450A/24V (4 x AGM)) and only used Solar power mid day during some time, the VE.Can took over as primary and stabilised (as long as there was enough light for the load), which was what I expected at all. After switching battery power on again it began all over again.

270920121: Did exchange arrays today. Same SmartSolar VE.can went grazy on other solar array also, the other SmartSolar kept stable. This exclude there is an issue on solar panels and related wiring.

Saw other questions, mostly regarding 1 MPPT only with comparable issues.

Hope anyone has an idea as the short days are coming and desperately need stable power.

firmware updatemppt charging
bus.png (520.1 KiB)
roof.png (549.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
macelly avatar image
macelly answered ·

Issue disappeared apparently…

Did an upgrade of the Large image and on Cerbo GX however and earlier a newer Bluetooth stack.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic