question

andyc avatar image
andyc asked

two multiplus one battery

hi all

i have two multiplus 48v inverters, one 5000 and one 3000

can i have them running from the same battery and cerbo?

ive been told on facebook, i can not link the outputs as they have to be same size and firmware, just checking that is correct

many thanks

multiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
andyc avatar image
andyc answered ·

should say, domestic house, 5kw of solar via 250/100 mppt and approx 45kwh 48v lititthum battery

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

you cant link a MP 5000 and a MP 3000 .

You can only parallel same model units

2 |3000

shaneyake avatar image
shaneyake answered ·

Correct, you can not parallel as they are not the same inverter.

The GX devices only support 1 inverter so you can only have one connected. Parallel Groups are basically one big inverter.

You can have them both connected to the same battery bank, managing the battery becomes a little tricky but if it has CAN or a BMV then it will be fine. Have the bigger inverter connected to GX.

2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

You can connect them together on one battery BUT:

- you can't connect them together at the AC output; you can only supply separate AC circuits

- to connect them both to the same GX device one of them needs to be connected through a MK3 Interface

1 comment
2 |3000

shaneyake avatar image shaneyake commented ·
Does connecting a second inverter via MK3 work? I have tried it but could never get it to work. Have you been able to get it to work?
0 Likes 0 ·
andyc avatar image
andyc answered ·

thanks guys, ive posted on a facebook group about my other option, and thats to run them in series.

grid to 3000

3000 out to 5000 in

5000 out to load

5000 would see 3000 as a grid supply and use its power as a power assist

one guy has said he has run into issues like this , but i might try it and see if i can resolve it

with regards to the one battery/two inverters. if the inverters are not being used to charge the battery only the mppt from solar would there still be an issue?

2 |3000

wicki avatar image
wicki answered ·

AndyC,

sorry for digging this up - topic is still active in German forum.

Do you mind sharing which path you chose and how it worked?

Thanks.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic