question

beso avatar image
beso asked

MultiPlus-II 48 GX- can I limit battery charging from grid during the day

Hi

I have an offgrid system already installed 3 kwp PV and one Multiplus II 48 3000 gx.

I need to use energy produced from PV during the day, and if PV is not enough i want to keep batteries fully charged from the grid just in case of black out during night. Batteries are charged by an MPPT charger not Victron.

I am trying to fix something via ess but it shows no "ess assistant found" even though i have set ESS on System Name.

Is there any clue? any idea how to set it?

Thanx in advance

Multiplus-IIcharge current limit
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
beso avatar image
beso answered ·

Thank you @Alexandra

I have dvcc enabled but it wont work as I would like it to do so. Even though I set limit to 50 vdc, it will still continue charging and bypassing from the grid to consumption while battery is 51vdc or more.

The only thing i could do for the moment is limiting charging current to 1amp through VRM.

I think I will have to try it through mk3 adaptor.

I will post again after I try to reprogram it

Thank you

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @beso

ESS isn't really suited (nor supported) for offgrid use.

You could consider using the Generator Start/Stop Assistant in the Multi, but instead of a generator, set it to switch ACIN.

So you could set the Multi to charge to a Storage V of say 51V (batteries always full), but once the solar comes on and V rises to >52V, the grid will switch off completely. Depends on loads/hysteresis where you set the switch point(s), and for how long, but this should do what you want..

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic