question

big-blue avatar image
big-blue asked

Howto use personal access token for further connection

Hi,

i looken into the victron API v2 and followed the documentation to create a personal access token. This worked very well. I received the following details. (i blanked out some info here)

PersonalAccessToken:success:true,token:aXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, idAccessToken:1XXXXX

So i would expect this step was successful, but when i would like to use this token i got an error: success": false, "errors": "Access denied for this object", "error_code": null

The first thing which looks strange to me, this token length is much more shorter than the token after the login was created by username/password.

I also changed the "X-Authorization" header from Bearer to Token and try to use the following get request without success.

https://vrmapi.victronenergy.com/v2/users/{ID}/installations

accesstokens/list

The ID i was using for connection was the id of the AccessToken.

Is this correct?

Do i have to do a login before using this accessToken?

Currently i am completly lost how to use this accessToken. Login with username/password is not a valid solution because i am using a sms_token and do not want to use my mobile before using the connection.

Thank you very much for your help.

VRMapi dc system
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources